The location of Drama Centre in the National Library building creates an unprecedented synergy with the arts facilities, attractions, institutions and the commercial sector to enliven the surrounding area.
Drama Centre, an Arts House Limited venue, appreciates your support and places utmost importance in the wellbeing and safety of our patrons, artists, and staff. Since February 2020, Drama Centre has put in place precautionary measures including increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of our venues, staff temperature taking, and temperature screening and visitor registration for contact tracing during events and festivals.
In light of recent developments, Drama Centre will be closed to the public in accordance with recent guidelines by Ministry of Health (MOH) to limit gatherings and facilitate social distancing. This will take effect from 26 March 2020, 2359 hours, and are expected to be in place until 30 April 2020. This may be extended if the situation does not improve.
Indoor spaces may continue to be used for meetings, rehearsals and non-public activities required for work purposes (e.g. filming to produce digital performances where there is no public audience). These activities will still have to adhere to prevailing safe distancing measures (e.g. maximum of 10 persons per group, minimum 1-metre separation between participants; health screening, visitor registration to facilitate contact-tracing).
- All public events and gatherings will be deferred or cancelled, regardless of size. This includes both ticketed and non-ticketed events and gatherings, including concerts, performances, and other productions. This is a tightening of the previous requirement where all events and gatherings were to be limited to fewer than 250 participants
- There will be no events at outdoor or public spaces such as concourses. All guided tours will also be suspended.
- Private events, including birthday and wedding celebrations, involving more than 10 persons at any one time, will be deferred or cancelled.
Our F&B tenant, OTC Café, will remain open. They will also adhere to the existing and latest advisories which include:
- Ensuring that table and seating arrangements allow for a separation of at least 1 metre of diners.
- Related diners (e.g. family members, couples) can be seated together at one table, but the tables will be spaced out.
- Limiting groups of diners to 10 people or fewer. Premise managers must use alternate seats and should mark out seats to facilitate these arrangements.
We encourage everyone to practise social responsibility by monitoring your own health conditions and avoid public places if you are unwell.Please stay tuned to our websites and social media for more updates.
For general enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.